Nitrox is a gas mixture with more oxygen and less nitrogen than is normally found in air. Its benefits include longer no-deco bottom times, shorter surface intervals and reduced decompression. Nitrox Diver training is essential for cave and technical diving.
Prerequisites for this program include, but are not limited to:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be able to unequivocally answer No to all questions on the RSTC Medical History/Exam form (or equivalent) or have obtained a physician’s approval for diving within twelve monts of the start of training, and have had no significant changes in health or medical condition since.
- Be certified to the Open Water Diver level (or equivalent).
Students complete nearly all of the requirements for this course through online training. At the completion of the online portion of the course, you meet with Reggie for a hands-on session during which you will learn to analyze and mark Nitrox cylinders. Open-water training dives are optional.
Few things are more frustrating than seeing a “one size fits all” course price, only to discover your specific situation may require you to incur additional costs. We work hard to keep course fees realistic and competitive. Nevertheless, fees may vary from one individual to the next depending on factors such as:
- Group size
- Your prior training and experience
- Any courses you may be taking concurrently with this one
- Additional time needed to accommodate special needs
We can give you a more accurate estimate of total course cost once we know more about you. Use the form at the bottom of the page to tell us more about your specific situation. We will get back to you with up-to-date pricing information.
You should be aware that course fees cover all instruction, NASE training materials, if available, and NASE certification, if earned. Students are responsible for:
- All personal dive equipment.
- All gas fills.
- Transportation to and from dive sites.
- Dive site admission fees.
- Any non-NASE training materials.
- Any non-NASE certification card processing.
Depending on the course, additional certifications may be available from organizations such as IANTD. If desired, students must pay for the cost of these agencies’ certification cards. These organizations will also expect you to buy a copy of their student manual, if available — even though you may not use it in the course.
Take the Next Step
Use this form to ask questions or begin the enrollment process. If enrolling in a course, be sure to include a brief summary of your prior training and experience.